[OpenIndiana-discuss] zsf send/receive performance

Willem R. van den Berge WVandenberge at altep.com
Mon Dec 9 20:37:36 UTC 2013

That is an interesting thought. I did check the aggregate CPU utilization (Dual 6-core 2.0GHz Xeon, E5-2630L) and overall it looks fine with a load average below 0.5 during transfers. However,  I have not checked if there is a single thread that is blocking the process. I guess the cheap way to verify your assumption is to run the process on a faster processor. If the throughput goes up with the speed of the CPU that would indicate we're on the right track. I think we have a couple of E-2637v2's laying around, let me see if I can get those swapped in.

Willem R. van den Berge
Chief Technology Officer
WVandenberge at altep.com

Altep, Inc | Innovative Litigation Solutions
7450 Remcon Circle, El Paso, Texas 79912
800 263-0940 Toll Free
915 533-8722
915 533-8895 Fax
www.altep.com

Privacy/Privilege: This message and any files transmitted with it are intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed, and contain information sent at the direction of counsel that is subject to The Privacy Act, or that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or distribution, including forwarding, copying or printing of this communication, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone, and delete the original message and any attached files immediately. Altep, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates will not be held liable for damage or loss resulting from the unintended or unauthorized use of any information contained in this email or any attached files, or as a result of any additions or deletions of information originally contained therein.