[OpenIndiana-discuss] zsf send/receive performance

wim at vandenberge.us wim at vandenberge.us
Mon Dec 9 20:38:41 UTC 2013

That is an interesting thought. I did check the aggregate CPU utilization (Dual
6-core 2.0GHz Xeon, E5-2630L) and overall it looks fine with a load average
below 0.5 during transfers. However,  I have not checked if there is a single
thread that is blocking the process. I guess the cheap way to verify your
assumption is to run the process on a faster processor. If the throughput goes
up with the speed of the CPU that would indicate we're on the right track. I
think we have a couple of E-2637v2's laying around, let me see if I can get
those swapped in.