[OpenIndiana-discuss] Zpool crashes system on reboot and import

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Wed Dec 11 20:41:33 UTC 2013

Jim,
    Thank you so much for this help.  Can you explain a little about
what this does?  The man page for zpool doesn't mention the -N flag at
all under import.  Also I see in man page the -R sets the cachefile to
none (understand that), and the altroot to "root"(don't understand
this).  What is the "-R /" doing?

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'