[OpenIndiana-discuss] real-time syncing two directories across servers (unison ?)

Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) openindiana at nedharvey.com
Thu Dec 12 01:16:18 UTC 2013

> From: Geoff Nordli [mailto:geoffn at gnaa.net]

Oh - since OP mentioned unison & bittorrent, I'll mention, I have a low opinion of unison, but siber goodsync is quite excellent.  Only problem is, it's not "real time."  It's something you run periodically or triggered, and in order for it to sync, it must scan the whole tree on both sides, and it doesn't understand permissions and ownership.  So it's probably not what you're looking for...