[OpenIndiana-discuss] Migrating configs for STMF

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Dec 12 15:08:41 UTC 2013

Hello all,

   While upgrading a system from SXCE to OI, one of the last roadblocks
that remains is the configuration of COMSTAR iSCSI exported volumes.
I believe that all the relevant parts are configured in the "stmf" SMF
service properties, but I can't really export or import them, not via
XML and not via command-line "setprop" methods.

   When generating the exported XMLs, some of the snippets appear broken:
     <property_group name='provider_data_pg_iscsit' type='application'>
       <property name='provider_data_prop-0' type='opaque'/>
       <property name='provider_type' type='integer'/>
       <property name='provider_data_cnt' type='count'/>
       <property name='provider_data_set_cnt' type='count'/>
       <property name='read_authorization' type='astring'/>
     </property_group>

...note the lack of value='...' fields. The "svccfg import" does note it ;)

   If I add the proper values (seen in "svccfg ... listprop" of the
original service repository), the import refuses to continue like this:
     /tmp/old.xml:26: element property: validity error : No declaration
     for attribute value of element property

   Among the missing values are the "opaque" strings, one of which is
over a kilobyte long (1049 bytes in my case). The "setprop" method
refuses to process such a value:
     Input string too long, limit 1024
   Googling traced this problem to lex/yacc, possibly.

   Any ideas on proper and working transfer of the settings? Are there
any other services with configs involved?

   I guess a script that would to "stmfadm list-lu" and other such
incantations to get the config in one environment and prepare the
commands to set the config in the other environment would do too ;)

Thanks,
//Jim Klimov