[OpenIndiana-discuss] Migrating configs for STMF

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Dec 13 12:43:19 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-12 16:08, Jim Klimov wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>    While upgrading a system from SXCE to OI, one of the last roadblocks
> that remains is the configuration of COMSTAR iSCSI exported volumes.
> I believe that all the relevant parts are configured in the "stmf" SMF
> service properties, but I can't really export or import them, not via
> XML and not via command-line "setprop" methods.

I ended up booting into the old environment and printing out iSCSI
configs with whatever "list-*" methods were available in stmfadm,
sbdadm and itadm (with verbose listing where available), and saving
the outputs into a text file.

Q: Did I miss any other critical commands?

Then I booted into the new BE, removed the STMF service completely
(it did not work after my earlier import experiments) and reapplied
the XML manifest from a fresh installation, after which I could use
the same commands (mostly sbdadm and stmfadm) to apply the same
settings.

One iSCSI target got used by its old initiator nearly instantly,
but another did not get any sessions for the past several hours.
No errors were found to be logged on the server side; I asked our
VMWare admin to check if the initiator gave up on reconnection or
something...

Any other ideas, anyway?

Thanks,
//Jim Klimov