[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster Packagemanager

Dmitry Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Sun Dec 15 13:47:16 UTC 2013

Sad to hear. OpenIndiana becomes a niche OS rather than all-purpose
superior alternative to Linux.
GUI in a modern world is a must-have.
Why Android and iOS dominate the mobile world? They are easy to use and
multipurpose - thanks to GUI. Why Nokia lost its mobile devices
business? They failed to change with changing world.
I understand that OpenIndiana is server-oriented, but there are
server-related tasks, which are much easier done with GUI. Update.
Package install. Network configuration.
Are we supposed to teach new generation of sysadmins old-school
kabbalistic tambourine dances from 1960's?