[OpenIndiana-discuss] Openindiana and Sun DSEE 6.3.1+

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Dec 23 16:01:17 UTC 2013

Hello all,

   We had a POC recently to see if an old Solaris 10 server can be
migrated into OI with its tasks and packages (as native OI zones
with some porting of older packages for vendor software), and the
project was quite successful in terms of functional equivalence.

   However, one of the old installation's tasks was to run the Sun
DSEE server stack, stuck at 6.3.1 as seems to have been the last
release available from Sun at free-to-use demo-project licensing.
After migration into the new OS the server seems to work, but the
logs of its LDAP DS instance are filled with errors like these:

[13/Dec/2013:07:16:13 +0400] - ERROR<4112> - Bootstrap config  - conn=-1
op=-1 msgId=-1 - Configuration error  Plugin cn=Binary
Syntax,cn=plugins,cn=config has an invalid signature -- Could not verify
signature
[13/Dec/2013:07:16:14 +0400] - ERROR<4112> - Bootstrap config  - conn=-1
op=-1 msgId=-1 - Configuration error  Plugin cn=Boolean
Syntax,cn=plugins,cn=config has an invalid signature -- Could not verify
signature

I am not sure what to make of dozens of such lines, since things
just work. Maybe some (Sun?) certificate got obsoleted or absent
from the system repositories? Or we missed some package with some
certificates or whatever? :)

Did anyone encounter this or have an opinion - how to fix, should
it be a worry at all, etc.?

On a side note, while the IPS repos do not provide such commands
as "patchadd" which are needed to update the basic Sun DSEE 6.3.0
install into the 6.3.1 version, taking the package from last SXCE
did the trick - patchadd could then be used for formally correct
installation procedures. However, we needed to remove from unpacked
patch the directories for packages that were not installed in this
zone's BE - a trick not needed on native Solaris 10 nor SXCE.

Thanks,
//Jim Klimov