[OpenIndiana-discuss] N40L weirdness

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 05:20:23 UTC 2013

Sigh..

More fun.

After an absolutely maddening day I got S10_U8 installed as desired.

My 2 GB DIMM arrived, so I installed it.  Now the boot hangs for the regular image and the failsafe doesn't find an installed OS despite there being 3 copies in the rpool mirror!

I suspect BIOS weirdness, but am really tired so I'm going to bed.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be most welcome.  Only things I can think of are to find a copy of memtest and/or remove the DIMM.  It's a Kingston KTH-PL313ES/2G DIMM that's supposed to be correct for the N40L. I was using an anti-static strap & mat.

Reg