[OpenIndiana-discuss] N40L weirdness

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:26:02 UTC 2013

Hi Reg,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Reginald Beardsley
<pulaskite at yahoo.com> wrote:
> If anyone has any suggestions they would be most welcome.  Only things I can think of are to find a copy of memtest and/or remove the DIMM.  It's a Kingston KTH-PL313ES/2G DIMM that's supposed to be correct for the N40L. I was using an anti-static strap & mat.

Both of those seem like very good ideas. Removing the DIMM is probably
faster and will tell you if the rest of the system still works without
the DIMM. Next, I would run Memtest. If Memtest finds errors, remove
all other DIMMs, leaving only this one, and re-run to ensure it's this
one causing problems.

DIMMs sometimes are DOA. Anti-static procedures won't fix a DIMM
that's already broken. :-)

Cheers,
Jan