[OpenIndiana-discuss] Auto snapshots

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 16:40:28 UTC 2013

Hi Harry,

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> wrote:
> I do remember there was a problem with auto snapshots in the early
> builds available shortly after the break from opensolaris to
> openindiana.  I think build 148 to 150 were the last builds I used.
>
> Has that issue been completely resolved... auto snapshots now work
> with no problems?

On OI 151pre1 there was the problem that if you used the text install
(which didn't include autosnapshots) and installed the proper package,
you needed to restart dbus (or do a reboot). Not sure if that's been
fixed in a7.

I've been using autosnapshots without problems after the above dbus
restart was "fixed".

Cheers,
Jan