[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installation on HD => 2TB

Mirko Fluher mir at pax.apana.org.au
Sat Feb 2 03:28:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-02-01 at 13:40 +0100, Jim Klimov wrote:
> On 2013-02-01 02:22, Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) wrote:
> > My only suggestion is to check the drive mode.  I would guess you want AHCI, and I would guess it already is in AHCI mode, so I'm guessing this suggestion is no help.
>
> Or, as I suggested, check that other OSes did not layout this disk
> as GPT and thus clobbered it for non-GPT usage - as for installer.

This could be where the problem is ...
I didn't want to use the entire 2TB for a single system ... so I grabbed
gparted and partitioned the disk with 3x 300g partitions and left the
rest untouched.

I then installed Linux Ubtuntu 12.10 in the first partition sda1 and
Centos6.2 in the second ... which became sda3 ... sda4 is blank and was
going to be for OpenIndiana ...
see pics attached.
When I loaded OI from liveDVD and proceeded to install, it simply could
not see the HD ... the gparted on liveDVD could not see the
partitions ...

I have decided to just forget about 2TB HD & OI..., and installed OI on
a separate 500G ... happy with that.
Thanks for all the replies.
Cheers,