[OpenIndiana-discuss] zfs pool on 3 TB Toshiba USB disk

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Feb 4 18:02:12 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-04 18:35, Reginald Beardsley wrote:
> I'm trying to get this working properly.  It functions, but I'm getting copy-modify-write messages.
>
> Here's my sd.conf and sections of console log.
> Can anyone suggest what's wrong?

> sd-config-list=
>     "Toshiba External USB 3.0" ,"physical-block-size:4096"
> ;

I am not sure if it is a proper device-matching string.
To start with, most of those I've seen were in CAPS letters...

See here for examples of "iostat -Er" outputs that can help you
detect your device's name (as sd.conf might expect to see it):

http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/ZFS+and+Advanced+Format+disks

HTH,
//Jim