[OpenIndiana-discuss] Relocated root home directory

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 14:59:59 UTC 2013

Why wouldn't using a separate filesystem in rpool take care of things?  Am I missing something?

zfs create -o mountpoint=/root rpool/root_home

(obviously /root needs to be empty at creation)

You could sync across multiple machines using any number of approaches.

For admin across multiple machines I'd argue that RBAC is the proper approach.  In my view, /root is really for bare metal level admin.

Have Fun!
Reg