[OpenIndiana-discuss] Relocated root home directory

Roel_D openindiana at out-side.nl
Sat Feb 9 19:55:13 UTC 2013

Just a question out of interest:

Let's say you put root's directory to another zfs dataset. This dataset has been backupped to an USB stick. I find it (the USB) and I take it to a new OI server and try to import it.
This will work since it is not encrypted.
On the new server i am root with a new/different password. Since i am root, i can open the old root directory and read its bash history.
Voila. I know all things from the old admin.

Kind regards,

The out-side

Op 9 feb. 2013 om 15:59 heeft Reginald Beardsley <pulaskite at yahoo.com> het volgende geschreven: