[OpenIndiana-discuss] SFE or OpenCSW? Or both?

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Sun Feb 10 18:31:07 UTC 2013

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Müller-Wilken píše v ne 10. 02. 2013 v 13:13 +0000:
> Hi Milan,
>
> a good and valid question. Although I was coming more via quantity than quality, there are some packages of interest: MongoDB is one example, hylafax another one.

None of these 2 are ready as specs for now. I heard some bad info about
MongoDB vs. Solaris platform but it should not be big problem to compile
it. For hylafax - it builds but it needs some "love" to make it nice in
Solaris environment, e.g. init scripts. If anybody is interested in it
then the fastest way is to produce spec and keep it updated.

> But I am right in my assumption that SFE stays closer to the original than CSW, right? At least that's what I also take from Brogyi's response. And that alone would be a justification for me to rather work on improving SFE than switching over to OpenCSW.

Yes, OpenCSW is building own environment, trying to separate itself from
system. Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is not.

> Cheers
>    Stefan

Best regards,

Milan