[OpenIndiana-discuss] Script to clean mess after zfs-auto-snapshot

Roman Naumenko roman at naumenko.ca
Tue Feb 12 00:39:33 UTC 2013

After another big clenup on home filer during which I got terrible
headache because of zfs-auto-snapshost, I decided to ask if anybody
tried to simplified snapshot management.
If a user could list all fs with zfs-auto weekly snapshots enabled, or
count them up or be able to enable other periodical snapshot fs, that
would make a lot of sense I think.

Something like this:
asnap -f filesystem -p period {on|off|list|clean} {recursive}

Of course, all these can be done with zfs/svc/grep and combinations but
usually it gets tedious.
But I don't want to envent another bicycle, so decided to ask around.

--Roman