[OpenIndiana-discuss] Script to clean mess after zfs-auto-snapshot

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 01:35:34 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Roman Naumenko <roman at naumenko.ca> wrote:
> After another big clenup on home filer during which I got terrible headache
> because of zfs-auto-snapshost, I decided to ask if anybody tried to
> simplified snapshot management.

I think everyone has slightly different needs, so some combination of
zfs commands are necessary. Any tool/wrapper you'd write is likely to
be as overwhelming as zfs itself.

> If a user could list all fs with zfs-auto weekly snapshots enabled, or count
> them up or be able to enable other periodical snapshot fs, that would make a
> lot of sense I think.

$ zfs get com.sun:auto-snapshot

will list all the filesystems along with their "auto-snapshot status".
If you were tinkering with turning specific times on/off, you'd need
to run:
$ zfs get com.sun:auto-snapshot:weekly

Jan