[OpenIndiana-discuss] SMF "svcadm restart-or-clear-or-start" action

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Tue Feb 12 20:49:08 UTC 2013

This ultimately leads to the question of self understanding with OpenIndiana. Is OI supposed / willing to deviate from the way Oracle is doing things with Solaris? From where on are we going to lose compatibility with the so-called original? A tough question, I know, but then: what sets OI apart from all the other distributions based upon the Solaris kernel if not its adherence to its OpenSolaris roots? Or am I completely off track with that thought?

Cheers
 Stefan