[OpenIndiana-discuss] sas multipath

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Wed Feb 13 01:17:16 UTC 2013

Randy,

Can you tell me more about your set up? Is it dual domain/dual controller?

                     |---- disk shelf ----|
                |--- |I/O controller 0    |
       LSI Port0|    |+                   |
------| ------->|    |+                   |
Server|              |I/O controller 1    |
      |              |+                   |
______|-------->|    |+                   |
       LSI Port1|--- |I/O controller 2    |
                     |--------------------|

Sorry for the ascii graphics.

Does your setup look something like this?

So, do you have two sff-8088 connecting to two different I/O controllers
which in turn either connect to each other or one or more other I/O
controllers?

If not, can you show me what it looks like. Also, did you actually test
failover or just view the results of mpathadm list lu for the path count?
When the system boots, I am pretty sure  a message is written to the console
about using round robin. Did you ever see this message?

Also, are your disks dual attached or are you only redundant to your I/O
modules?

Thanks,
j.