[OpenIndiana-discuss] sas multipath

Randy S sim.ple at live.nl
Wed Feb 13 12:22:03 UTC 2013

Hello Jason,

Indeed
 our setup is as you depicted. However we have connected two Jbods
instead of one, note that the behaviour is the same with only one Jbod connected.

So, One server with two Lsi-HBA's, each HBA connected by
SAS sff-8088 to seperate expanders of the
JBODs dual expander backplane.

As
we use SASdisks, I suppose those are dual attached. Mpathadm
shows 2 paths, both active. We tested by disconnecting one of the two SAScables.
I must confess that I didn't see any message about using round-robin during startup, but that may be because I wasn't focused on it. I will check next time, hopefully later on this week.
I really appreciate it that you took your time to draw the setup using ascii characters. I thank you for the effort !
High regards,
Randy