[OpenIndiana-discuss] opensolaris.org shutting down next month

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Feb 14 12:44:12 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-14 11:53, bscuk2 wrote:
> As a point of interest are you able to transfer any information to
> openindiana.org under copywright rules or is the information unrestricted?

Yep, that's an even more interesting question. I guess if the community
members took time to copy-paste and inspect (links, formatting) some 5-10
pages each, we'd have a Wiki-zed mirror of The Hub in no time ;)
@Deirdre (if you read this): Do you know if this is permitted legally?
Which of the Wikis (OpenIndiana or Illumos) should be the target, or
this depends on the content (core stuff or distro-dependent)? Should
there be some effort to preserve things that don't seem part of current
development (some projects that were suspended, canceled or moved on to
another life - perhaps clustering, SAMFS... many things) and where would
that content go?..

//Jim Klimov