[OpenIndiana-discuss] opensolaris.org shutting down next month

Laurent Blume laurent+oi at elanor.org
Thu Feb 14 13:06:51 UTC 2013

On 14/02/13 13:44, Jim Klimov wrote:
> Yep, that's an even more interesting question. I guess if the community
> members took time to copy-paste and inspect (links, formatting) some 5-10
> pages each, we'd have a Wiki-zed mirror of The Hub in no time ;)
> @Deirdre (if you read this): Do you know if this is permitted legally?
<snip>

There might be no easy answer to that question: opensolaris.org has
always been an aggregate of materials from varied sources, falling under
different copyrights and licenses.

It shows in the TOU, sections (10) and (11):

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Main/tou/

So it'd seem that for each page, you need to check what exactly you're
allowed to do.

Laurent