[OpenIndiana-discuss] opensolaris.org -> pkg.openindiana.org/legacy... Remove all packages? What to replace with??

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Feb 14 15:44:00 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-14 15:44, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> But there are a few where I'd like to find replacements: Please advice!
> Opends

The follow-on project to this and other Sun Identity products is
a series of opensourced products from ForgeRock with commercial
support options. In particular, OpenDS descendant is their OpenDJ.
Made mostly by the same people behind Sun DSEE and Sun OpenDS.

See also OpenAM (Access Manager/OpenSSO) and OpenIDM (rewrite of
IDM replicator in a possibly compatible manner). At some point
they wanted to maintain Sun Portal legacy as well, but partnered
with LifeRay instead who collaborated on that project with Sun
and picked it up better.

> Message Queue (OpenMQ??)

I believe so, I am not sure how intensively it is maintained or
developed now, or where, or by whom. Good utility, anyhow :)

> OpenOffice

Search the list, there were some discussions of some successful
builds, including those published by IIRC Apache team. I think
at some point LO team also had a goal of Solaris compatibility...

> slim_cd

No idea about this ;)