[OpenIndiana-discuss] ISCSI SSD Performance

Grant Albitz GAlbitz at Albitz.Biz
Tue Feb 19 02:16:45 UTC 2013

i had been testing that driver with dan, i was running into a few hard shutdowns of the guest, in my case it was actually omnios. i am re-installing it with the h310 support at this very moment.

From: Sašo Kiselkov [skiselkov.ml at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 5:06 PM
To: openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] ISCSI SSD Performance

On 02/18/2013 10:08 PM, Ian Collins wrote:
> I agree with Sas's comments on the 710.
>
> If you have driver problems with a 310, try Solaris 11 as an experiment
> to verify performance, I have a number of Dells with 310 in JBOD mode
> running Solaris and they work well.

That might actually not be necessary. There is a new change from Nexenta
for the mr_sas(7D) driver that adds LSI SAS2008 (Falcon) Skinny FW
support currently under review here:
http://kebe.com/~danmcd/webrevs/skinny/

If you would be willing to test these changes, I can build a patched
mr_sas module for you and guide you through the installation procedure
(it's really simple anyway). If you're interested, ping me via private
e-mail.

Cheers,
--
Saso