[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana roadmap

Dmitry Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Tue Feb 19 18:28:36 UTC 2013

> If you want security updates, there's no reason why some of you can't
> get together and start your own business offering these updates for a
> fee.  OI is open source. You wouldn't necessarily have to start your
> own distribution, although you could do that, too.  But the code base
> is out there. You can charge a fee for these services.  And if you
> want to be real nice, contribute the security fixes back to OI for
> inclusion in later releases.

I would join such startup. I am not (yet) an OI/Illumos developer, but
interested in learning.
Also - I am in need for an additional part time, or even full-time paid
job (remote though - I am located in Russia).
Thumbs up for the idea of distinct business entity contributing the
produced security fixes back to OI for inclusion in later releases.

- Dmitry.
(Software developer for Windows, and OI user/admin)