[OpenIndiana-discuss] idmap timeout

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 22:52:42 UTC 2013

--- On Mon, 2/25/13, James Relph <james at themacplace.co.uk> wrote:

> From: James Relph <james at themacplace.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] idmap timeout
> To: "Discussion list for OpenIndiana" <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>
> Date: Monday, February 25, 2013, 3:18 PM
> > I did think of that, but it's
> things like triggering that, keeping it up to date (ie. when
> users are removed from AD) and the rest, and I thought it
> might become quite a big project really and something that
> may be better written as some kind of alternate idmap option
> (i.e. instead of just having static and ephemeral, have
> static, ephemeral and cached - with cached basically being
> automatically created user mappings).
>
> When I say cached I mean a cached copy of the users in AD
> (with some ADs that could be a big ask though...).
>
> I added idmap dump -nv | grep james to the script, and I'm
> getting effectively the same issue:
>
> 18:56:00   uid=2147508227
> gid=2147483650(Domain Users at themacplace.private)
> 18:56:00   winuser:james at themacplace.private
> ==    uid:2147508228
> 18:57:00   uid=2147508227
> gid=2147483650(Domain Users at themacplace.private)
> 18:57:00   winuser:james at themacplace.private
> ==    uid:2147508228
> 18:58:00   uid=2147508227
> gid=2147483650(Domain Users at themacplace.private)
> 18:58:00   winuser:james at themacplace.private
> ==    uid:2147508228
> 18:59:00   uid=2147508228(james at themacplace.private)
> gid=2147483650(Domain Users at themacplace.private)
> 18:59:00   winuser:james at themacplace.private
> ==    uid:2147508229
> 19:00:00   uid=2147508228(james at themacplace.private)
> gid=2147483650(Domain Users at themacplace.private)
> 19:00:00   winuser:james at themacplace.private
> ==    uid:2147508229
> 19:01:00   uid=2147508228
> gid=2147483650(Domain Users at themacplace.private)
> 19:01:00   winuser:james at themacplace.private
> ==    uid:2147508229
>
> The id command seems to lag a little behind the idmap dump
> command, I'm guessing a cached problem there.  Still,
> they do still keep changing...

Dump the database too.

Do you suppose Windows could be resetting the connection?  I'm generating ephemeral map entries that hang around in the tables.  But I'm doing it on OI.  No Windows.

Maybe it's a signalling glitch.  MS is using a reset operation as a keep alive?  Wouldn't be the first time an interface got confused.

Have Fun!
Reg