[OpenIndiana-discuss] idmap timeout

James Relph james at themacplace.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 21:18:29 UTC 2013

> I did think of that, but it's things like triggering that, keeping it up to date (ie. when users are removed from AD) and the rest, and I thought it might become quite a big project really and something that may be better written as some kind of alternate idmap option (i.e. instead of just having static and ephemeral, have static, ephemeral and cached - with cached basically being automatically created user mappings).

When I say cached I mean a cached copy of the users in AD (with some ADs that could be a big ask though...).

I added idmap dump -nv | grep james to the script, and I'm getting effectively the same issue:

18:56:00   uid=2147508227 gid=2147483650(Domain Users at themacplace.private)
18:56:00   winuser:james at themacplace.private	==	uid:2147508228
18:57:00   uid=2147508227 gid=2147483650(Domain Users at themacplace.private)
18:57:00   winuser:james at themacplace.private	==	uid:2147508228
18:58:00   uid=2147508227 gid=2147483650(Domain Users at themacplace.private)
18:58:00   winuser:james at themacplace.private	==	uid:2147508228
18:59:00   uid=2147508228(james at themacplace.private) gid=2147483650(Domain Users at themacplace.private)
18:59:00   winuser:james at themacplace.private	==	uid:2147508229
19:00:00   uid=2147508228(james at themacplace.private) gid=2147483650(Domain Users at themacplace.private)
19:00:00   winuser:james at themacplace.private	==	uid:2147508229
19:01:00   uid=2147508228 gid=2147483650(Domain Users at themacplace.private)
19:01:00   winuser:james at themacplace.private	==	uid:2147508229

The id command seems to lag a little behind the idmap dump command, I'm guessing a cached problem there.  Still, they do still keep changing...

James.