[OpenIndiana-discuss] complaint about dovecot in sfe IPS not starting.

DormitionSkete@hotmail.com dormitionskete at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 06:55:21 UTC 2013

I kind of have to second that this is a bit of a TALL order with Dovecot.  Dovecot can be configured SO many different ways, it's unbelievable.  If memory serves me correctly, when I installed it on Red Hat EL6.2 a year or so ago, I don't think it worked without being manually configured there, either.  I had to go in and edit the config files by hand before it would work.  And I think I even had to search through Dovecot's website for info about settings that it simply wouldn't run without.  Some of those settings were from changes made between Dovecot 1.2 and 2.1 that never quite made it into the files they distribute.  So, if it isn't even there, it's certainly not the distro's fault !

And when I installed Dovecot from source on OI a few months ago, they still hadn't made it in.

Just for what it's worth...

Oh, and if you read through some of Dovecot's own mailing list, there doesn't seem to be a real great shortage of people who don't consider 2.1 particularly stable.  That's something you might want to consider, too.  Apparently, Timo made some people a little less than happy with the new version of Dovecot.

HTH