[OpenIndiana-discuss] using LSI 2308-IT onboard supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD, openindiana not loading drivers? (OpenIndiana-discuss Digest, Vol 29, Issue 43)

Heinrich van Riel heinrich.vanriel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 19:41:04 UTC 2013

It had the same behavior with 151a5 and 151a7. It is not really doing
anything. Come to think of it the problem only started after attempting to
installing Virtualbox. I only ran the server for 1 or 2 hours before trying
to install it, locks up when loading kernel modules. I tried a few
different releases.
I re-installed it last night and did not attempt to install vbox. It is
configured as an iSCSI target and have been hit by VMware quite a bit since
last night (installing test machines) and it is not have the problem so
far. The strange thing is that I did go back and uninstall vbox each time
after the failed attempt (for a5 & a7) and it locked up every few hours.
iSCSI was not configured, was plain installs with failed attempts of vbox.
Currently it appears to be all good. Load will be increase quite a bit in
the next few days.
I will respond with the results. I am also still waiting for the sas disks
for the rpool, so a reinstall will happen at that point.