[OpenIndiana-discuss] home directory in zone file permission

DormitionSkete@hotmail.com dormitionskete at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 28 19:56:18 UTC 2013

On Feb 28, 2013, at 6:27 AM, Jim Klimov wrote:

> Hello Peter,
>
>  In Solaris legacy, /home is an FS node controlled by automounter
> (via /etc/auto* files) to mount local and remote home directories
> (with lofs and nfs/cifs as appropriate). Local homes are stored in
> /export/home, and for a particular local zone's cause, you might
> be better off specifying a direct path to the /export/home/dovecot
> implementation in this zone's /etc/passwd.

Thanks, Mr. Klimov.  This seems to have gotten me moving again.

I've always been a little confused about the /export/home and /home differences in Solaris.  I'll have to do some reading about that.

I'd forgotten all about that last night.

Health, and other, issues have kept me only marginally productive these past few months.

I appreciate it very much.

I hope you have a nice day!

fp