[OpenIndiana-discuss] Finding pools after reinstall

Thommy M. Malmström thommy.m.malmstrom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 13:51:44 UTC 2013

Side track, given the zpool & zfs versions, shall I upgrade? I think
oi151a5 can get me up to zpool version 28 and zfs version 5...

Which first to upgrade zpool or zfs???

jock at bigblue:~$ *zpool upgrade*
This system supports ZFS pool feature flags.

The following pools are out of date, and can be upgraded.  After being
upgraded, these pools will no longer be accessible by older software
versions.

VER  POOL
---  ------------
19   tank

jock at bigblue:~$ *zfs upgrade*
This system is currently running ZFS filesystem version 5.

The following filesystems are out of date, and can be upgraded.  After being
upgraded, these filesystems (and any 'zfs send' streams generated from
subsequent snapshots) will no longer be accessible by older software
versions.

VER  FILESYSTEM
---  ------------
 3   tank
 4   tank/bilder
 4   tank/greco
 1   tank/home
 3   tank/home/anng
 3   tank/home/camillag
 3   tank/home/fredrikg
 3   tank/home/mysql
 3   tank/home/pappaz
 3   tank/home/pappaz/thommym
 3   tank/home/patrikg
 3   tank/home/puttez
 3   tank/home/thommym
 3   tank/home/zones
 4   tank/pictures
 3   tank/test

On 22 December 2012 21:19, Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) <
openindiana at nedharvey.com> wrote:

> > From: Thommy M. Malmström [mailto:thommy.m.malmstrom at gmail.com]
> >
> > I might have a drained battery as the time was reset, I noticed. I'll
> get a
> > new one. The MB is a GIGABYTE K8N ProSli and I haven't done more than
> > disconnecting
> > the disks during new install of b147 (just to make sure I didn't destroy
> > anything).
> >
> > Let me check the battery and I'll be back after holidays.
>
> Ahh.  As Jason suggested then, start with step zero.  ;-)  Make sure you
> can see the drives in BIOS, and if they're still not visible by the OS,
> perhaps you have the wrong AHCI mode or something.

Thommy M. Malmström
Vipemöllevägen 109
224 66 Lund
Home: +46 46 990 57