[OpenIndiana-discuss] [OmniOS-discuss] Mount NTFS USB under OmniOS

Fabio Rodrigues fabior at gmx.net
Wed Jan 2 03:11:02 UTC 2013

Hi All,

 Thanks for all the answers. We got some very valid suggestions as the one below from you Jay, but I must say I'm not very comfortable (not technically) with it. I believe, as per Jim Klimov and Ken Mays replies, we should have a proper solution on OmniOS.

 Please, don't understand me wrong and I know very well that is easier to say than do, but maybe if there's somebody in the community willing to port fuse and ntfs-3g to OmniOS (if that would be the best solution, I don't know...) and add to the official repo, I'm sure it would be a great addition and can be added to the list of supported features.

 I think that OmniOS is an outstanding OS and rock solid, as all the others illumos/OpenSolaris based ones!!! I really hope that the repos will be more rich in time, even though I like the minimalistic approach for now/

 I might try to copy all the data I have from a laptop running Linux and upload to my server via NFS, but I don't consider this thread closed and I would like to hear more about in case somebody else want to collaborate with this issue.

 Thanks a mill and Happy 2013!!!

 Cheers,
 Fabio