[OpenIndiana-discuss] Anybody using Trusted JDS/Gnome?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Jan 5 19:09:17 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-05 17:01, Michael Stapleton wrote:
> The Organizations which use TX do not discuss the fact that they use TX.
> That being said, those same organizations will not be using OI...

Well, my point was, rather, that while illumos-based distros are trying
to get a foothold in enterprises, presence of TX "Like in real Solaris,
only cheaper and with source available for audit" might be a benefit.
Then again, an entity which would promote this solution (like, really -
by selling it for money) should not have a hard time recovering it by
reversing a changeset (which would carve out TX today), and might have
actual work to do to maintain it. It is likely IMHO that in this area
a single paying customer might be enough to pay for the work needed ;)

> Bottom line, as much as I like TX I would not spend anytime maintaining
> it on OI.

Alas, +1