[OpenIndiana-discuss] Migrate from linux to openindiana

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Jan 13 15:49:26 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-13 10:26, gigli wrote:
> Thanks for all answers. I will try again.
> I installed the default tfpt .In the console output when i tried to
> boot from tftp-server it said, cannot
> chroot to /tftboot (which i created by hand)

Verify the ownership/rights of this directory, IIRC it may need
to be very permissive by default, i.e.

drwxrwxr-x   8 root     root         156 Oct  5 14:29 /tftpboot/

The files available for writing into may need to be 666/777
at the moment of writing.

>>> The best solution would be to skip kvm, but i really need
>>> a working tftp-server functioning to serve clonezilla.

Currently KVM requires particular Intel CPUs to work, for a more
generic solution - if it comes to virtualization for some other
quests - you can try VirtualBox.

//Jim