[OpenIndiana-discuss] Migrate from linux to openindiana

gigli gigli at swipnet.se
Sun Jan 13 16:06:16 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-13 16:49, Jim Klimov wrote:
> On 2013-01-13 10:26, gigli wrote:
>> Thanks for all answers. I will try again.
>> I installed the default tfpt .In the console output when i tried to
>> boot from tftp-server it said, cannot
>> chroot to /tftboot (which i created by hand)
>
> Verify the ownership/rights of this directory, IIRC it may need
> to be very permissive by default, i.e.
>
> drwxrwxr-x   8 root     root         156 Oct  5 14:29 /tftpboot/
>
> The files available for writing into may need to be 666/777
> at the moment of writing.

> Currently KVM requires particular Intel CPUs to work, for a more
> generic solution - if it comes to virtualization for some other
> quests - you can try VirtualBox.
>
> //Jim

Hi and thanks all of you for input and help.

I have now a working tftp, dns and mysql-server, with napp-it
and netatalk, nfs and cifs. A lot to learn yet, next is to get ipfilter
to work.

Regarding tftp-server i understand it was ownership rights that was
wrong, found a page that helped me.

Any good documentation regarding ipfilter?

Thanks again. A new journey begins
Martin