[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI Crash

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Wed Jan 16 03:55:17 UTC 2013

On Jan 15, 2013, at 7:10 PM, Ian Collins <ian at ianshome.com> wrote:

> If there isn't any evidence of a crash, there's a fair chance you have a hardware problem.

i have decent number of identical production boxes.

about once per quarter one of them spontaneously reboots leaving no trace as to why. it is never the same box twice.

the first couple of times i offlined the systems and ran diagnostics on them. i ran memtest for two weeks. i checked SEL, etc found butt-kiss.

i came to the conclusion it is just something that happens. it is likely a driver issue. since my srchitecture can absorb such failures i havent spent slot of time on it.

 i am still on 151a so perhaps there is a fix that i just dont have it yet. whatever my reboot problem is, it is not a hardware problem.

j.