[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI Crash

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Wed Jan 16 06:37:13 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-16 05:04, Reginald Beardsley wrote:
> This is apparently an outstanding bug and as far as I can see not easily fixed.  I did not have this problem w/ 148 and I would revert to that except I can't remember the root password :-(

Can't you "beadm mount oi_148" (insert proper BE name) and fix up
the /etc/shadow file inside there (i.e. if you know your current
root password, just copy-paste the cyphertext from your running
BE's /etc/shadow over the one in the other BE).

When done, don't forget to "beadm umount" before you "beadm activate"

HTH, //Jim