[OpenIndiana-discuss] preserve configuration files on image-update - how?

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Thu Jan 17 22:24:30 UTC 2013

Hi there,

first of all I'm quite stunned by the speed with which I receive feedback on my question. Don't have too many communities with similar helpfulness these days!

Regarding your answers:

>The IPS equivalent is marking files you expect users to edit with the
>"preserve" tag:
>
>   preserve

I was aware of this flag. That's why I asked if it is only the package itself that can trigger the behavior. Looking at the SFE manifests, I since noticed that the preserve flag seems to be mostly ignored by all I checked. Was that intentional? Can that be modified without mirroring & changing SFE?

Cheers
 Stefan.