[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help installing OI

Mirko Fluher mir at pax.apana.org.au
Mon Jan 28 10:32:30 UTC 2013

I cannot install OpenIndiana using the current LiveDVD because it cannot
see my see my HD ... ?? [gparted, as provided on the LiveDVD sees the
whole HD as unallocated] ??

Computer used:
cpu: i7 3.4
mboard: gigabyte B75M-D3H (UEFI dualbios)
ram: 32g
HD: Segate 2TB
cdrom: LG B-ray.

At the moment, the above HD has 3x 300G partitions.
The fist one runs Ubuntu, the second Centos the third is blank (/ext4)
and the rest of the HD is 'unused'.

Has anyone installed OI on this type of hardware ?

Is it a case of having to install OI first ??
by creating a partition using OI's gparted or fdisk ... ?

--
http://pax.apana.org.au gpg key id: EACDC062 pgp.mit.edu Linux #19227
http://www.ausif.org.au