[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hi Al: OpenSXCE upload completed 1 minute ago

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Thu Jan 31 18:59:44 UTC 2013

Hi there,

>> They are two different animals.  Below is what he posted to this
>>list on December 17.  I'm trying to save him some trouble here,
>>since he's not living in very good conditions.

>I hadn't originally noticed this extensive list, though I was aware that
>he was working on something. Big Kudos to Martin for this work, it
>appears to have been a herculean effort, and to think that he did this
>alone while living on a shoestring budget just boggles the mind.

But with that in mind, wouldn't it be even more appropriate to align the effort with OpenIndiana to form its Sparc edition? That would free Martin from having to spend time on dist packaging while bringing OpenIndiana closer to providing one-stop distribution. I mean, it is absolutely his project and he can do whatever he pleases, but wouldn't that help him, too?

Cheers
 Stefan