[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI_151a7 install grumble

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 22:21:52 UTC 2013

After beating my head against the wall for almost 8 hours I finally gave up and installed Solaris 10 U8.  Clunky installer, but it did what I wanted w/o any fuss on the first try.  Wish I'd quit fighting sooner.

Results:

119 GB 3-way mirrored rpool in s0
3.32 TB 3 disk RAIDZ1 dpool in s1

3x2 TB Seagate ST20000DM001 disks configured w/ 2 slices per disk using an SMI label.  These are 4k sector disks.  I'm going to be cautious, but they seem to work OK.

dd of 64 GB from /dev/zero clocked at ~147 MB/s on a stock N40L w/ 2 GB of DRAM.

Reg