[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI_151a7 install grumble

Jim Klimov jim at cos.ru
Thu Jan 31 22:49:45 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-31 23:21, Reginald Beardsley wrote:
> After beating my head against the wall for almost 8 hours I finally gave up and installed Solaris 10 U8.  Clunky installer, but it did what I wanted w/o any fuss on the first try.  Wish I'd quit fighting sooner.

I'm rather sad to hear this, hoped I could help by remote advice...

Possibly, now that you have a workable disk layout, you could make
another installation (of OI on another disk) and "zfs send|zfs recv"
it into the rpool created by Sol10? ;)

Then again, as you said - you'd rather do science than sysadmin work,
so good luck to you in reaching your ultimate goals. And a flashing
red bulb to OI developers - or wannabes ready to help - that the
current installer is lacking some stuff...

Anyhow, good luck!
//Jim Klimov