[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana server networking problem.

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Mon Jul 1 21:20:48 UTC 2013

On 07/01/13 16:45, DormitionSkete at hotmail.com wrote:
> It still cannot see the internet.

Is 192.168.0.1 your NAT box (your "router")?

What does "see" mean in this context?  What are you doing?  What error
or other messages to you get?  What did you expect to have happen?

I'd probably start with "traceroute -n" to some well-known external
address and work from there.  It's not guaranteed to work (some routers
and ISPs are hostile towards traceroute), but it may reveal interesting
details.

> How do I get rid of the third line?

What's the "third line?"  Do you mean this one?

> 192.168.0.0          192.168.0.4          U         4         83 bnx0

If so, then you certainly do NOT want to get rid of that.  That's your
interface route.  Getting rid of it means turning off the network
interface completely.

If you mean some other line, then please specify, as I can see nothing
wrong with the output you've provided.

> And should that help?

No.