[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana server networking problem.

DormitionSkete@hotmail.com dormitionskete at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 1 21:33:50 UTC 2013

Mr. Carlson, I really appreciate your help.

Answers to your question are below.

On Jul 1, 2013, at 3:20 PM, James Carlson wrote:

> On 07/01/13 16:45, DormitionSkete at hotmail.com wrote:
>> It still cannot see the internet.
>
> Is 192.168.0.1 your NAT box (your "router")?

192.168.0.1 is the cisco router.

192.168.0.4 is the physical nic of the machine.  (theotokos.dsicons.net)

192.168.0.3 is the "routert3" zone.

> What does "see" mean in this context?  What are you doing?  What error
> or other messages to you get?  What did you expect to have happen?
>
> I'd probably start with "traceroute -n" to some well-known external
> address and work from there.  It's not guaranteed to work (some routers
> and ISPs are hostile towards traceroute), but it may reveal interesting
> details.
>
>> How do I get rid of the third line?
>
> What's the "third line?"  Do you mean this one?
>
>> 192.168.0.0          192.168.0.4          U         4         83 bnx0

yes.

> If so, then you certainly do NOT want to get rid of that.  That's your
> interface route.  Getting rid of it means turning off the network
> interface completely.
>
> If you mean some other line, then please specify, as I can see nothing
> wrong with the output you've provided.

Is it correct that my gateway of 192.168.0.4 is the same as my nic of my server?