[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana server networking, problem.

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Tue Jul 2 11:31:12 UTC 2013

On 07/01/13 19:23, DormitionSkete at hotmail.com wrote:
> Unless someone can clue me into something that might get things working again, my plan for tomorrow is to take a fresh OI server there that only has 192.168.0.something, and try it, to see if it can get to the internet.  If it can, I'm half-tempted to just use that server, and build everything into the global zone, and not use any non-global zones.

That's the best thing I've read in this thread.  I think at least 99% of
the trouble you're running into is having a baroque configuration.

It's certainly possible to set up zones with different kinds of exotic
networking configurations, but it's also possible (and occasionally
easy) to break the system so that nothing works at all.