[OpenIndiana-discuss] Publish access to a local IPS repository.

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Tue Jul 2 19:35:15 UTC 2013

I've read many pages on publishing your own repo, and am stumped on just one
thing: How do you secure publish access to a local repo running as a service
?

I had created a number of packages using my own script and publishing just
to the local file system. I am now trying out the pkgbuild script, which
works from rpm-like spec files, and publishes direct to the service. THe
main Oracle write-up I found says just to set the read-only property to
"false".
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-admin/o11-097-create-pkg-ips-524496.html

After this I can publish with my normal account. Does this mean anyone on
the local machine, or anyone with access to the service via the network ?
How do I secure the repo such that only specific local accounts can publish
to it ?