[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana server networking problem.

Timothy Coalson tsc5yc at mst.edu
Tue Jul 2 20:51:05 UTC 2013

When I set up a static IP and manual DNS server, I just used the GUI, it is
under the "locations" button on the network preferences dialog that appears
when you click the network icon in the notification area (or go to
system->administration->network).  Since you used the GUI to set up the IP
anyway, it might be easier to just stick with it.  I didn't have to mess
with whether nwam or "default" networking was enabled, or manually edit any
files.  It has more functionality than I would need for that machine, but
it would be more work to disable it and configure it manually, so whatever.

Tim