[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana server networking problem.

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed Jul 3 01:06:00 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, July 03, 2013 07:45 AM, DormitionSkete at hotmail.com wrote:
> I have to call it a day. I appreciate all the help, everyone! I
> appreciate it very much! Thank you. Peter,

You are almost there Peter. There are now two things you can choose
from. 1) Use a dns caching resolver (like Google's 8.8.8.8 if you don't
mind giving more info) or 2) setup your own dns caching resolver.
Whichever you choose, stick that ip in resolv.conf.

Finally, please make sure the nsswitch.conf has an entry for dns on the
hosts line.