[OpenIndiana-discuss] smb server promblem

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Jul 18 13:32:48 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-18 14:49, DormitionSkete at hotmail.com wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2013, at 6:13 AM, Jozsef Brogyanyi wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a little problem with smb server. When I issue the svcs -x command then I looked everything is all right but from win7 I could not see the shared folder's.
>> Just I can see the attached  folder's.
>>

> I'm not real sure what you mean.  Can you see the server in your Windows Explorer network neighborhood?

+1, I also did not get what you do see and what you don't -
namely, I am not familiar with the term "attached folders" :)

Does running \\servername\share or \\servername.domain\share
or \\1.2.3.4\share (with IP address) from Windows all work,
before or after restarting the smb services?

> Try:  svcadm enable wins
>
> This starts the nmbd service that makes the server visible in Windows, Linux, Mac, etc. file browsers.

That would be part of Samba, while I believe the OP is trying
to get kCIFS working.

By the way, which "shares" services do you have running?
For example:

# svcs -a | grep shares
disabled       Jan_29   svc:/network/shares/group:default
online         Jan_29   svc:/network/shares/group:smb
online         Jan_29   svc:/network/shares/group:zfs

I am not sure what they are for :) but believe they should
be maintaining the link between ZFS properties (or manual
shareadm definitions) and networked server shares... maybe.
Maybe I am wrong.

//Jim